Lalaloopsy!

|

Saturday, November 13, 2010

  When I was younger, (and when I say younger I of course mean a couple of years ago) I had some difficulty finding the right words to say.  I knew what I waned to say, but somehow that ONE WORD that made the whole sentence have a point was always the one that got trapped in my brain and refused to come out!  So, to compensate this issue I created a new word!
                Wooie
 Seems simple right? Maybe a little silly.  But it caught on and spread like wildfire through my family. Everything was Wooie. Though as the years passes, so did wooie. Its uses became less and less frequent and only uttered when my parents really get stuck with their words.  I had grown out of Wooie.

  Retail can be draining, especially around the holidays and for me that can get extreme.  so we have to find joy in the little things as they spring our way.  Recently I was helping this adorable young mother find the right doll for her daughters Christmas gift.  She was looking for a certain Lalaloopsy doll.      Right?! that's what I said!   She assured me it was "the next big thing!!". But she didn't realize there were about 10 different versions of this doll and had stupidly bought the one with the elephant when the kitty was the most 'popular' one.  She handed the doll over to me and as I looked at it, I fell in love!!  It was adorable!
  Now, for anybody who has seen the movie Coraline, that's what this doll look like. Big button eyes, sewn together and on the very last stitch, LaLaLoopsy came to life!!!
  I wanted one.  I told people I wanted one reassuring them after that I was joking of course.  But it was true, I wanted one.
  So the next day work was just as crazy and stressful as normal, not to mention the fact that I had back to back interview all morning as well. During one of my trips through the hallways with an applicant, my fabulous boyfriend, Michael, as me a strange question, " Purple or Orange?"    Purple of course.  In the next passing, "Elephant or Owl?"  Elephants...they're kinda purple.  I thought nothing of these questions as the day went on until Michael excitedly pulled me aside and presented me with my very own Lalaloopsy doll called Peanut Big Top; the prankster with purple hair and an elephant. I was thrilled!!!
  It made my day. Not only did I get my doll, but I also discovered a new word to bring happiness and joy to millions, just like Wooie did!!!!
              LaLaLoopsy.

 Whenever you are sad, lonely and think work just can't get any worse....just say it. Say it and you will smile and giggle to yourself, or maybe even out loud so that people look at you strange. But just try it and see.

                                                         LaLaLoopsy :)





















3 comments:

Rachel Lohrman said...

I left my comment in the wrong spot...see comments from last post.

A Daughter of the King said...

giggle, giggle, giggle..No matter how old and wise you become...you will always be my little cutie!

Kelly said...

Good thing he got you one when he did because apparently this is the newest must-have! They are pretty cute!