Corduroy!

|

Thursday, March 3, 2011

As a child, I loved two things. 1. My mommy reading to me. 2. Stuffed animals. And one of my favorite book was Corduroy. A delightful little story about a Teddy bear in a big toy store who has been passed by time after time because he was missing a button on his overalls. But one day, Corduroy went on a search for his button. After a crazy night of searching, Corduroy wakes up to a little girl wanting to take him home. She fixes his button and tells him that she loves him just the way he is.
I must have made my mom read that book to me a thousand times, and one year for my birthday I begged my mom to get me a Corduroy bear. She wasn't able to find the same bear but bought me a brown bear with a sweater and I named him after the book. I still have him on my bed today.
   Well, I was closing down at my store the other night when my cashier sees a bear hanging from a peg and hands it to me. I look down at this adorable little bear and realise....its Corduroy!!! A real Corduroy bear, overall and everything!!

The next day Michael brought him home for me!!



2 comments:

Rachel Lohrman said...

Awe, so cute. Michael's such a sweetie...

A Daughter of the King said...

And you can see that I found a bear with a pretty good likeness!